Malki Foundation UK had the privilege and pleasure of hosting a special Black Tie Opera night of music with Nelleke Folosade on July 5, 2020.
The recital, beamed via YouTube to an audience in several countries as part of our Lockdown Treats series, benefitted the work of the Malki Foundation as explained in his opening comments by Malki Foundation UK Chairman of Trustees, Geoff Hartnell.
Nell is a founder of the crossover-classical music group Celeste and has toured and performed with the Aled Jones, Russell Watson, Katherine Jenkins and other notable singers.
Ms Folosade's performance for the Malki Foundation included these pieces (in this order):
- Aria: “Ach, ich fuhl’s” from Mozart's "The Magic Flute" (Die Zauberflöte) K.620
- Quella Fiamma – Benedetto Marcello
- O del mio dolce ardour from "Paride ed Elena", an opera by Christoph Willibald Gluck
- Alma del core – Antonio Caldara
- Laudate Dominum – Mozart
- Ave Maria – Schubert
- Piercing Eyes - Haydn
- Ständchen - Schubert
- Dido’s Lament from "Dido and Aeneas" - Purcell
- Sure on this Shining Night - Barber
- Summertime from "Porgy and Bess" – Gershwin
- Fair House of Joy – Quilter
- Chants d’Auvergne - Canterloube
- Après un rêve - Fauré
- Silent Noon – Vaughn Williams
- Just the Way You Look Tonight – Jerome Kern
- Can’t Help Lovin’ Dat Man from "Showboat" - music by Jerome Kern, lyrics by Oscar Hammerstein II